Huawei is a well-known brand in the smartphone industry, and their devices are popular among users worldwide. But what if you want to customize your Huawei device to your liking? One of the first steps towards customization is unlocking the bootloader. In this article, we will guide you on how to unlock the Huawei bootloader without using any code.
What is Bootloader?
Before we dive into the process of unlocking the Huawei bootloader, let’s first understand what a bootloader is. A bootloader is a program that loads the operating system (OS) of your device. It is one of the essential components of the device, and it is responsible for initializing the hardware and loading the OS.
Why Unlock Huawei Bootloader?
Unlocking the bootloader of your Huawei device allows you to install custom ROMs, kernels, and other modifications. It also enables you to root your device, which gives you more control over your device’s system settings and apps.
Before proceeding with the unlocking process, make sure to fulfill the following pre-requisites:
- Back up all the data on your Huawei device, as the unlocking process will erase all the data on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 50% to avoid any interruptions during the unlocking process.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking in the Developer Options of your device.
- Install Huawei USB drivers on your computer.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
Unlock Huawei Bootloader
Now that you have fulfilled all the pre-requisites, follow the steps below to unlock your Huawei bootloader:
- Connect your Huawei device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Type the following command in the command prompt window:
- If your device is listed, type the following command to reboot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, type the following command to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will see a warning message on your device’s screen. Press the Volume Up button to confirm and unlock the bootloader.
- Wait for the unlocking process to complete, and your device will reboot automatically.
Unlocking the bootloader of your Huawei device can be a challenging task, but it is worth it if you want to customize your device to your liking. In this article, we have guided you on how to unlock the Huawei bootloader without using any code. We hope this article has been helpful to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.